Fully in line with the medium-low range evolution program, launched in the first half of this year with the make-up (aesthetic and content) created on the new Polo lineup, Volkswagen announces the commercial launch of the Polo GTI bombshell version.
Using 7.5 × 17” with Milton Keynes alloy wheels painted in black with diamond finish, Anti-theft bolts, 215/45 R 17 tires with low rolling resistance; Led Matrix IQ.Light front light clusters, with dynamic Led direction indicators; Led daytime running lights; Led rear lights; Body-colored door mirror shells and door handles; Led light pattern on the grille; Rear-view mirrors (aspherical on the driver’s side, convex on the passenger’s side) adjustable, heated and reclosable electrically; Sports type bumpers;
Athermic windows (including the windshield); and Double exhaust terminal with chrome finish.
- Front armrest;
- Lower luggage compartment shelf in 2 levels, adjustable in height;
- Monochromatic ambient lighting on door panels and instrument panel;
- Handbrake lever handle covered in leather;
- “Kings Red” decorative inserts;
- Door sill finishers in aluminum with GTI logo;
- Gear lever knob covered in leather with contrasting red stitching;
- Seat upholstery in fabric with central area in the traditional Clark motif;
- Storage compartments in the door panels;
- Semi-anatomical front seats, adjustable in height and equipped with manually adjustable lumbar support;
- Rear seats with folding and divisible backrest in the 60:40 scheme;
- Illuminated courtesy mirrors in the sun visors;
- Front and rear mats;
- Storage pockets on the backrests of the front seats;
- Storage compartment under the front seats;
- Multifunction sports steering wheel covered in leather with red stitching and gearshift levers.
Under the bonnet, the 2021 VW Polo GTI is powered with the turbocharged 2.0 TSI (1.984 cc) drive unit with updated power and distribution (double injection system, with combined direct and indirect injection, an engine control unit with four central processors and electronic valve lift switching on the intake side), which delivers a maximum power of 207 hp (i.e. 7 hp more than the series that is preparing to be replaced) and 320 Nm of maximum torque.
The transmission (front-wheel drive) relies on the 7-speed dual-clutch DSG gearbox with steering wheel levers. The XDS differential lock device is also standard. The set-up uses a specially developed suspension kit that lowers the car body by 15 mm. The curb weight is 1,286 kg.
On the road, the restyled Volkswagen Polo GTI offers the usual performances that enthuse enthusiasts, which, moreover, are counterbalanced by decidedly good efficiency data: Maximum speed: 240 km / h with
Acceleration time from 0 to 100 km / h: 6 ”5, WLTP medium cycle consumption: 6.8-7.1 liters of petrol per 100 km, and WLTP medium cycle CO2 emissions: 155-162 g / km.
Volkswagen Polo GTI 2021 debuts on order: turnkey prices start at € 29,500. Among the financial purchase formulas, the Volkswagen Value Project proposal with Ecobonus of 1,500 euros with scrapping, which provides for 2,050 euros in advance and 36 installments of 129 euros per month (TAN 3.99%, APR 5.45%). Its arrival in dealerships is set for the end of 2021. Pending the debut of the new GTI edition, the Italian showrooms are organizing a Weekend Porte Aperte, for Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 October, expressly dedicated to the entire Polo 2021 lineup, with the possibility of road test the petrol and methane range.
Back to Article 2021 Volkswagen Polo Gti: Features and Price